Arm pain can make daily life quite a challenge. Dr. Mark Carlo and the team at Largo Injury Pain Relief Center in Largo, FL offer both hard and soft tissue techniques for natural healing and recovery.
Guide to Arm Pain and How a Chiropractor Can Help
Arms are very busy. Whether you’re typing, cooking, playing ball, writing, driving, or completing another activity, your arms are playing a role. And as they have so many jobs to do each day, they are a target for injuries and pain. Dr. Carlo and our team at Largo Injury Pain Relief Center in Largo, FL share some of the most common causes below, along with how we can help.
What Causes Arm Pain?
Below are some of the most common sources of arm pain.
- Overuse injuries: Constantly using the same part of the body throughout the day can cause tears in the soft tissues and even small cracks in the bone. People who lift weights or items at work, use a computer or other device for hours, or play sports or an instrument tend to have overuse injuries in the arms, shoulders, and hands.
- Poor posture: Poor posture puts a large amount of pressure on muscles and tendons in the back, neck, and shoulders, which can cause pain in the arm.
- Osteoarthritis: Worn-down joints are a common cause of wrist, hand, and finger pain.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: The carpal tunnel – the tissue that connects your fingers and hands to your wrists – can become inflamed from overuse. This tension and inflammation often compress the median nerve.
- Neck injury: Arm pain doesn’t always come from a problem in the arm. Misalignment, pinched nerves, or tension in the neck can cause arm pain, too.
Chiropractic Treatment for Arm Pain
Chiropractic care for arm pain is customized to the individual’s needs, as no two people experience arm pain the same exact way or for the same reason. When a misalignment anywhere in the skeletal system is to blame, adjustments are performed to restore proper alignment. Soft tissue therapy, including massage therapy, cold laser therapy, and therapeutic ultrasound, is provided to address tension, muscle spasms, inflammation, and stiffness while stimulating natural healing in the cells. After determining the cause of your pain, Dr. Carlo will determine which techniques or combination of techniques is best for you.
Put a stop to arm pain by calling (727) 585-8888 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Carlo and our team at Largo Injury Pain Relief Center in Largo, FL.